Valentine’s Day Wreath

Valentine’s Day Wreath

How is your week going?  I’ve been taking advantage of the fantastic light reflecting off the snow and taking pictures like a mad women preparing a home tour for next week.  Have you built any snowman or made any snow-angels during this winter storm?

Well, on a sad note,  I lost my entire IPhoto library (a few thousand pictures) that included the tutorial pictures for today.  I am slowly getting over the HUGE disappointment with the help of my husband who said, “we still have each other” and brought home some sushi AND played scrabble with me.  Thank goodness for whatever I published on Facebook or I wouldn’t have any visual reference of our last 2/12 years and thanks goodness for such a sweet and caring husband. :)

SONY DSC

Never the less, here is a quick explanation on how to put this Valentine’s Day Wreath together (3 easy steps) and materials.  So sorry, I don’t have the pictures to show you (I am definitely a visual person).  I did make this wreath reusing materials I already had. ;)  I like to be resourceful like that!

Materials:  Grapevine wreath form

Flowers (the white ones are from the dollar tree and the three roses were off another wreath)

Gold spray paint

Hot glue

Chalkboard sign

SONY DSC

Assembly: ~Remove the leaves and stems off of the flower heads.

~Spray paint gold (the leaves and stems), let dry, and reassemble.

~Cut off the long stems and hot glue on to wreath.

SONY DSC

I knew the gold and white would give this little wreath a fresh update but still look sweet for Valentine’s Day.

SONY DSC

The little chalkboard sign I picked up in a cute boutique in Kirkland, WA but you could easily find one (or make one) from your local craft store.

SONY DSC

Do you have a wreath for the upcoming holiday?  We like to  group holidays and celebrations together around here. Apart from my birthday being on Christmas (along with two others in my family), my husband and I celebrate our Anniversary on Feb 19th. The month for love. AWWWW! (that’s a little sarcasm but I AM a romantic)

signatureThis post is linked to Be.YOU.tiful Link Party.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Comments

• 4

Kathy says

Yep, this is the first official Valentine’s Wreath I have made. I used to only do Spring/Summer, Winter, and Christmas. Thanks for the sweet comment Rachel!

• 6

Kathy says

Thanks Aleshea! It came out even better than I had hoped. (My expectations weren’t to high with my dollar tree roses lol)

• 8

Kathy says

LOL, I have made dozens of wreaths now. I need to break away from the traditional and try some newer things. This is the first time I dissected the flowers to paint them and I really like how they turned out. Thanks for visiting miss Kita!!

• 10

Kathy says

Yes Skye! I’m still in mourning. ;( I do have about a thousand pics on my phone and FB so I’ll manage. BUT I wonder how I did it? Thanks for your sympathy. lol It made me smile!!

• 12

Kathy says

Thank you LaVonndra! I’m sure you could make a beautiful wreath! I pulled the roses off two times before I glued them on the “right spots”. ;)

• 16

Kathy says

Thanks Christy!! Thank goodness I had a photo book made with trip pictures and I post things to “world wide web”… LOL but I still miss the ones I’ll never get back…. I will now be more diligent about backing them up. ;)

1. 21

says

I totally pinned like all of these photos! They are adorable Kathy!! I am loving the month of love! My fiancé’s birthday is the 9th of Feb and then we have Valentine’s day! OMG lots of lovin’ at our house :) Thank you for sharing :)

2. 23

says

I’m so sorry to hear that you lost your iPhoto library! That’s SO PAINFUL, speaking from personal experience.

This wreath is a little cutie, and I love how simple it is to make. My mom was the queen of making wreaths when I was a kid, so I’ve carried that tradition into adulthood. While I don’t have a Valentine’s Day wreath, I think it’s high time I made one!

• 24

Kathy says

AWW, thanks Erin. So sorry you know how I feel. ;) This is officially the first Valentine’s wreath I’ve made. Do you ever think of recipes while you are laying in bed trying to sleep? lol One night I thought “a pink, white, and gold wreath would be pretty…..”

Have a lovely weekend!

• 25

says

Yeah, it’s unfortunate to lose all your photos! Been there, done that, and it SUCKS. Here’s to you figuring out a way to get some of them back.

And yes, now that you mention it, I’ll sometimes come up with a recipe in bed. And if that happens, I get up and write it down because I will NOT remember it in the morning. My husband thinks I’m a little batty, but that’s OK. And that’s AWESOME that it happens to you, too! What a fun inspired idea for this wreath!